Big Girl!

Guess who is potty trained?!?! I could not be more proud of Anniston. We've been working on potty training for quite awhile and she is now officially potty trained!! I opted for letting her train herself. I have heard everything from training a one year old to use the potty to kids going to kindergarten in diapers. Both are absurd. I decided to gradually introduce the idea and let her go. And she has done a great job.

For those of you interested, this is what we did: Beginning at about 2 yrs old I started putting her on the potty right before she got in the bathtub. Sometimes she went, sometimes not. I would sporadically ask her if she wanted to use the potty. Sometimes she did, sometimes not. At around 2 1/2 I would ask her if she wanted to wear big girl panties and occasionally she would. She would usually have accidents and then want to get a diaper back on. Again, just introducing the concept and letting her catch on. At around 3 she asked to wear panties out in public as well as around the house, so I let her. We had a few accidents at home and while out and she had quite an aversion to going #2 in the potty, to the point where she would be wearing panties and then go put on a pull up when she needed to "go" :) Then a few days ago at school she "went" in the potty and that was that! She has been in panties accident free for 4 days now!! She still wears pullups at nap time and bedtime, but that's it!

You may ask about Hutch. I've been doing the same thing with him. He will occasionally go on the potty but he is not quite ready to do it all the time. He has dysphagia (doctors word, not mine!) which means difficulty swallowing. He prefers to drink. It is all due to his enlarged tonsils, which are coming out in April. So this boy drinks and drinks and drinks and the pees and pees and you get the picture. Potty training right now may not work out due to the volume of fluid he takes in, but it's totally up to him. He will get it. Our deadline is August b/c he has to be potty trained to start preschool. But he has plenty of time and he will do it!

Here's a picture of the Big Girl. In her words, "Mommy I a big girl. I wear panties."
Watching Beauty and the Beast in the car. This face is just precious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security

My Dark Day

Two Years Ago (FYI - lots of reading and some questionable pictures)